Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ITCWOL - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ITCWOL > Topics

Subject: PROPHETS AND THE PEOPLE
Replies: 0 Views: 231

miirfan 22.03.16 - 07:08pm
PROPHETS AND THE PEOPLE

Allah (SWT) sent Prophets among all the nations to provide them guidance. An- Nahl 36 And verily, we have sent among every nation a Messenger (proclaiming): Worship Allah (Alone) and do not worship all false deities. Similarly in Fatir 24 And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them. And in Ar-Raad 7 And to every people there is a guide. We know some of these Prophets from Quran and many others are not known to us. These Prophets guided people to live a pious, peaceful and honorable life. The Prophets did not ask for any kind of reward from the people for this sincere service to the mankind . For example, Prophet Lout (AS) said: Ash- Shuara 164 No reward do I ask of you for it. My reward is only from the Lord of all universes. The selfless service and commitment of the Prophets is amazing while the typical response of the people is very stunning. For example, Nuh (AS) lived among his people for nine hundred and fifty years. The scene of his continuous preaching for nine hundred and ten years is described in Nuh 5-12 He said: O my Lord! Verily, I have called to my people night and day. But all my calling added nothing but to (their) flight (from the truth). And verily, every time I called unto them that You might forgive them, they thrust their fingers into their ears, covered themselves up with their garments, and persisted (in their refusal), and magnified themselves in pride. Then verily, I called to them openly (aloud). Then verily, I proclaimed to them in public, and I have appealed to them in private. I said (to them): Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Verily, He is Oft-Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance. And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers. We notice that Prophet Nuh (AS) invited his people during day and during night, secretly and openly, sometimes loudly and sometimes quietly. All he was saying to them was to ask forgiveness from Allah (SWT) for their sins since He is extremely forgiving and merciful. For example when people ask for forgiveness
from Allah (SWT), He sends down rain for them as a token of His mercy for them. Rain brings forth crops and abundance of wealth and prosperity. People, however, acted very funny to the call of Nuh (AS). They thrust their fingers in their ears signaling Nuh (AS) that they did not want to listen to him whatever he had to say. Some people covered themselves fully with clothes as if they did not wish to have anything to do with Nuh (AS). Putting it in a blunt way they were telling their prophet to get lost and not to bother them with whatever he had to say. People were very arrogant and mean to Nuh (AS). As described by Dhihak ,Ibn Abbas (RU) narrated that people used to beat Prophet Nuh (AS) till he collapsed. They wrapped him in a blanket and dumped him in a house hoping that he was dead. As Prophet Nuh (AS) revived, he prayed to Allah (SWT) to forgive his people since they did not understand. In this way he preached his people for three generations since he was granted a very long life as a miracle from Allah (SWT). Nuh (AS) hoped that the new generation would pay more heed to his message. Unfortunately every new generation turned out worse than its predecessor. In nine hundred and fifty years very few people accepted the guidance.

Read full https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1016446211758944&id=333098686760370 ITCWOL *

* ITCWOL Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ITCWOL

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits